When It Is More Than a Snore
Sleep apnea symptoms are often ignored because people assume that “it is just snoring.” However, when left untreated, sleep apnea can become dangerous, affecting the body system negatively and putting undue pressure on the heart.
Some common signs of sleep apnea include:
- Snoring at night, especially loudly and with sudden choking sounds
- Waking in the morning with headaches
- Feeling fatigued throughout the day, as if rest has not occurred
- Waking in the morning with a sore, raspy throat
- Attention difficulty during the day
- Sleeping problems, including insomnia
- Increasing bouts of depression
Find out if you could have sleep apnea. Visit a dentist who specializes in treating sleep apnea in Ballwin, MO, and the surrounding St. Louis, MO, area. Call our team at (636) 489-0337.